Warwickshire Crimebeat regards the ongoing data protection of those engaged by the charity, contractors, suppliers and beneficiaries as one of their primary goals, in compliance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
The requirements of this policy apply to all parts of Warwickshire Crimebeat. Warwickshire Crimebeat further requires that all organisations it contracts with have, as a minimum, an equivalent commitment to GDPR and have established appropriate management systems to deliver such.
Warwickshire Crimebeat is committed to complying with data protection legislation and good practice by:
- Processing personal information only where this is strictly necessary for legitimate organisational purposes
- Collecting only the minimum personal information required for these purposes and not processing excessive personal information
- Providing clear information to individuals about how their personal information will be used and by whom
- Only processing relevant and adequate personal information and maintaining an inventory of the categories of personal information processed by Warwickshire Crimebeat.
- Keeping personal information accurate and, where necessary , up to date
- Retaining personal information only for as long as is necessary for legal or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate organisation purposes
- Respecting individuals’ rights in relation to their personal information, including their right of subject access
- Keeping all information secure
- Only transferring personal information outside the EU in circumstances where it can be adequately protected
- The application of the various exemptions allowable by data protection legislation
- Developing and implementing a personal information management process to enable the policy to be implemented
In order to ensure effective GDPR management, Warwickshire Crimebeat identifies GDPR risks and requirements associated with its activities. In assessing GDPR risks, it identifies appropriate control measures, effectively communicating those measures and monitoring their ongoing implementation. In determining the processes needed for efficient data management, it ensures that these are both appropriate and effective.
Warwickshire Crimebeat’s GDPR approach is reviewed periodically to address changes in legislative, client or company requirements and remains reflective of the company’s activities at all times.
All photographs published on the website have approval from participants for their inclusion.